Do What Makes You Happy
Healthy Aging | 08/15/19
Caring for your mental wellbeing is crucial for your health. Positive mental health impacts how you behave and influences your outlook on life. Looking after your mental health can also prevent the onset or relapse of a physical or mental illness, which is especially important to keep in consideration as we age.
At The Oaks at Denville, we offer activities and amenities that positively impact mental health by promoting healthy aging and encouraging an active lifestyle. Keep reading to find out a few of the ways you can promote happiness and a positive mindset through activities you love.
Activities That Encourage Positive Mental Health for Seniors
- Pamper Yourself at the Beauty Salon – Relaxation therapy in mental health boosts your confidence and improves your mood. At our beauty salon, you can get your hair or nails done and feel your best all without ever leaving the campus.
- Delight Your Palate With Our Restaurant-Style Dining – Food is what fuels us, and there are plenty of options available at The Oaks at Denville that offer you the nutrition your body needs to stay healthy. As part of our commitment to supporting your dietary health, the dining area was recently upgraded to feature an exciting chef’s table complete with an open cooking area.
- Stay in Shape With Fitness Opportunities – The health benefits of physical activity are undeniable, and there are plenty of opportunities to incorporate fitness into your daily life. On campus you have access to our LivWell fitness center, including an indoor heated pool and various instructor-led classes.
- Expand Your Knowledge at the Library – With a wide variety of fiction, biographies, classics, newspapers and magazines, the library is the perfect spot to keep your brain engaged and connected to the world around you.
- Spend Time in the Surrounding Community – There are so many things for you to do in Denville, and socialization is linked to an increased sense of wellbeing and decreased feelings of depression. You’re able to enjoy area attractions like restaurants, shops and cultural offerings with friends and family all within walking distance or a short drive from our senior living community campus.
- Relax in Your Home – Sometimes, you need time in a comfortable place to take a moment for yourself. Our stunning one-bedroom, two-bedroom and open floor plans are perfect for you to make your own and to fit your needs and lifestyle. Here, you can meditate, reflect on your day by journaling or quietly unwind.
Discover Pleasurable Mental Health Activities at The Oaks at Denville
Take it from our residents – Libby and Tom Vona have enjoyed life in the community. They shared, “The Oaks is all that was promised. Our apartment is beautiful; the food in the newly refurbished dining room is outstanding (you can also have it delivered to your apartment); and there are activities, social events, and classes to fulfill a multitude of tastes. You can be as busy as you like if that is your desire or you can just relax.”
Come see how happy our residents are for yourself. Contact us today to schedule your personal tour of the community.