Senior Living Wellness Program
A Holistic Wellness Program for You
At The Oaks at Denville, we want you to be the happiest and healthiest you can be. That’s why we offer LivWell, our holistic wellness program. Residents are encouraged to take advantage of the program by actively participating in activities that support and strengthen each of the seven dimensions of wellness. And, one of the best components of the LivWell program is the emphasis on personal choice. You’re invited to create a unique profile that highlights your goals and interests. This way, you’ll have an individualized plan with an emphasis on how you want to make noticeable improvements in each of the seven dimensions of wellness. Keep reading to learn more about each of the seven dimensions of wellness and activities you can participate in right in our community.
The Seven Dimensions of Wellness… and Ways to Achieve Your Goals
- Physical Wellness: Fitness is one of the first things that comes to mind when considering what needs to be done to achieve wellness. Through activities like chair and mat yoga and our balance and coordination class, moving and making sure the body stays active is vitally important to the LivWell program.
- Intellectual Wellness: Learn something new at Spanish club or trivia happy hour. A healthy body begins with a healthy mind, and learning and exploring new ideas drives you to be more mindful, curious and better-rounded.
- Emotional Wellness: Happiness is a key to wellbeing, but sometimes life can throw a curveball. Keeping a positive outlook on life and looking for activities that lift your mood, like guided meditation, increases optimism and emotional well-being. Sharing your experiences with others, like in our visually challenged support group, can also help.
- Social Wellness: Living in a continuing care retirement community is the perfect opportunity to connect with others and watch as neighbors turn into friends. Every group activity allows you to spend time with your peers and participate in hobbies together, from visits to the Alstede Farms Cider Mill to planned breakfast get-togethers in the newly renovated dining room.
- Environmental Wellness: We only get one world to live in and taking part in activities to preserve and protect the environment allows for comfortable surroundings and a sense of pride. Take a leisurely stroll along the walking trails with your friends and family to see the beauty of our campus.
- Spiritual Wellness: Exploring your faith allows you to find a sense of purpose and discover what values are most important to you. As a non-denominational community, we encourage all residents to freely practice their faith.
- Vocational Wellness: Sharing the insights and talents you’ve acquired throughout your life with others by participating in volunteer opportunities gives you the chance to give back to your community and a gratifying feeling of accomplishment. One way to do this right within our community is to participate in town hall meetings, and make your voice heard.
Experience Senior Living Wellness at The Oaks at Denville
Residents at The Oaks at Denville love the opportunities to live well in the community. Richard Schlenger has found that, “There are so many things to do here like exercising and keeping fit, I am always busy.” And, he’s also found success in adding programs to the already action-packed activities calendar. “If I find that I want to try something new like the Senior Olympics, the professional staff at The Oaks is happy to assist.” There’s something for everyone to improve on wellness.
Contact us today to learn more and schedule your personal tour.